Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fever baby

It's been a rough week here at the casita. Chiquita has spent the last few days at less than her full Rawr! potential. Initially I thought she was having a reaction to pears. We are introducing new foods at snail's pace due to my extensive list of allergies, and this week after pears we noticed that her tummy was acting up. After a few days of super poop she went beyond a food reaction and totally into stomach virus mode. She was feverish and sleepy and only wanted to nurse. I called the nurse and she advised that we just make sure she was hydrated (props to me for restraining and not driving her to an ER).

Her spirits are still good, but now that her tummy is a little better, she has a runny nose and a little cough (which kept us up most of last night). I can vaguely remember all these symptoms just before her teeth popped through. And now that I'm thinking of it, she has been a super drooler lately. Plus, she's been all about the biting - of everything. It's most likely teething, and not some rare disease that they only find in Antarctic naked mole rats. Ok, I'll take us all off of Defcon 1.

Mama love makes it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment