Monday, August 12, 2013

Her very own room.

Leeloo is so excited - she has her very own room now! It took me twenty months to move her over. Twenty. I am so that mom. In our defense, we did have a lot of trauma to recover from. A lot of nighttime cuddles were needed. That said - her room is the most fun ever!

Between Target, Ikea and Pinterest I could barely fit all the ideas in. It is so colorful, and the chiquita loves it. 
----------------

I debated getting a toddler bed or  a twin, but Leeloo moves around a bunch at night. The room we converted already has a full size guest bed, so we put the mattress on the floor for now. Eventually she'll graduate to a bed frame but she totally enjoys the accessibility right now. 


I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but the canopy is HUGE. It's patio size from Ikea. At first I thought it would overwhelm the room, but it fit perfectly. It's also nice because she doesn't get tangled in the fabric. And she totally feels like a princess.


Originally, I wanted the mirror in the closet, but I bought a big one and didn't think to measure first. As a result, the mirror now lives next to the closet instead. It works out though because the chiquita can see herself easily. This little area has kinda turned into her music area. The piano her Nana bought her has been a fave since it arrived last Christmas.


My dad had these cute chairs on his back porch. My stepmom gave them to me awhile ago, but I hadn't had a place for them until now. They are the perfect height for this little Ikea table. And now Leeloo has a more formal place for her tea.


This wall is my favorite. Pinterest totally inspired the use of large engineering prints. As she grows older we can change out what pics live inside of them, and we can update the quotes too. The ones she has now are: 

• Happy girls are the prettiest. - Audrey Hepburn
• Though she be but little she is fierce. - Shakespeare (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
• Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; the third is to be kind. -Henry James
• You have my whole heart for my whole life.


This nook turned out great too. The shelves are just her size, so she can easily reach her books. I love that she can see the titles too. Hopefully this solves the "take out every book before I find the right one" dilemma. The little rocking chair was mine when I was little, I'm exited that she gets to use it too (Many thanks to her Uncle Ben for fixing it and making it seem like new!) 


The closet doors were big and heavy. I removed them and opted for these light curtains. One side (in the reflection) has all her clothes and blankets up top. The right corner is a dress-up area. We don't have a lot of costumes yet, but I'm sure that will change over time. For now she plays Tinkerbell and farmer Ripley - she even can say Yee-Haw!



Leeloo's favorite part of the room? Her new easel. There's a chalkboard on one side and a dry-erase board on the other. It also has a spool of paper underneath for painting. She is absolutely delighted by this item. She loves it so much. We keep the dry-erase crayons (which are awesome by the way) out all the time. However, the chalk and markers have to be put away between uses until we can curb her from taking them everywhere with her. Chalk + white sheets = not a smart mama.


I thought the transition from our room to her own was gonna be a tough one. So far, she has gone willingly. Yay for a new big girl room!

Here is my Pinterest inspiration: Toddler Sanctuary

No comments:

Post a Comment