Friday, March 2, 2012

Tucson: Day 3

Tucson in the Spring is a strange place. One day it can be in the nineties and a few days later there will be snow. It may sound like an exaggeration, but I kid you not. On our third desert day it was windy and chilly. So I bundled the little one up.

Her warm outfit complete with boots and jeans :)


On our third day in town we ventured out on our own and went to visit my office. I've been working for the same company since 2005. When I met D and decided to run away to San Diego my boss was great enough to suggest that I continue to work remotely. It's been wonderful - not only because I get to work from home, but because I get to still work with people who are more my friends than anything.

Chickadee got to visit with them and I got in my puppy time. The office has four dogs around most days, six on others. Chance - my favorite, was rescued right after I started working. He is one of the sweetest golden retrievers ever and I miss spending my days with him. Even though he was perplexed by the little one we got some good cuddles in before we headed out to lunch.

Lunch was fairly straightforward, but I mention it for two reasons. One: I had the best salad ever (butter lettuce, french feta, dried cranberries and pistachios - I eat it twice a week now). Two: chica slept, in her car seat, for the whole time. In her car seat. Her car seat that she complains (loudly) about almost every time we use it. Seriously - you would think she had been drugged. My friends thought she was the best baby ever, she's good baby, but usually a bit more of a handful. She had them fooled and me amazed (and has yet to ever want to be in her car seat that long again). Yet another way of her keeping me on my toes.

Sleeping Beauty.


I didn't get a picture of the salad, but the bday desert was yummy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment